Jenny’s Pre-Kinder Program
At Jenny’s Early Learning Centre, our Pre-Kinder program provides a familiar and consistent environment for your child’s journey through Childcare and Kindergarten. You can find your closest Jenny’s ELC across the Greater Bendigo region, in Epsom, Maiden Gully, Strathfieldsaye, and Bendigo Hospital.
As a supportive home away from home for our Jenny’s families, our educators work with each individual child every step of the way, from 6 weeks old until they are ready to move on to formal schooling.
Supporting Individual Development
Our Pre-Kinder long day care service provides a valuable learning experience, allowing your child to play and explore throughout the day, utilising our quality facilities. Supporting self-guided playing time and socialisation opportunities with other children, Jenny’s ELC’s genuine, child-focused Pre-Kinder program assists children in learning about themselves and the world around them. Typically 3 year old Kinder is only for a couple of hours – we find that the child doesn’t have the opportunity to fully immerse themselves within the program for such a short time, not preparing them as well as they could for formal Kinder/ Pre School the following year – with Jenny’s ELC Pre Kinder/ 3 year old Kinder can be as long as your child would like, allowing them to be genuinely able to explore and develop without the feeling of being ‘rushed’ into small timeframes.
Equipping your child for their transition to formal learning, Jenny’s ELC is committed to developing the confidence and communication skills of your child as they build relationships with other children. Our Pre-Kinder Program is tailored to individual children’s needs and allows them to adjust to the new challenges and resources that are available in the Kindergarten rooms. This ensures the transition between programs is confident and smooth.
The Aims of the Program
During our Pre-Kinder program, our learning facilitators will:
- Ensure the program is based on close observations of your child
- Provide learning experiences that are planned according to the individual strengths and interests of all children. The program also considers the needs and interests of the group as a whole.
- Provide learning experiences that are meaningful to the children and emphasise a hands-on approach with direct observation and exploration opportunities.
- Ensure the program encompasses all developmental areas (social, emotional, physical, intellectual) and includes a wide variety of learning experiences
- Provide a program that offers a stable routine, yet is flexible in order to meet both individual and special needs of the children
- Maintain appropriate focus on development and the interests of each child.
Need more information about enrolling your child in our Pre-Kinder Program? Contact your nearest centre in Bendigo, Epsom, Maiden Gully or Strathfieldsaye.