At Jenny’s we love to keep the children excited at meal times by serving a variety of food from different cultures. One of the favourites from across our Maiden Gully centre is Mexican Beef and Rice!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g. minced beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 sachet taco seasoning
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
- ½ cup tomato paste
- Fresh veggies – we use: carrot, zucchini, corn.
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheese
- White rice
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat extra-virgin olive oil. Add onion and cook FOR 2 minutes, then add minced beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Add beef stock.
- Add vegetables cut to preferred size and stir through.
- Add crushed tomatoes, taco seasoning, tomato paste and stir through. Add beans.
- Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 15minutes.
- Stir through sour cream. 6. Serve with white/brown rice and top with cheese! ENJOY!