We are very excited to see berries back on the shelves at our local fresh food groceries, especially yummy punnets of strawberries! Packed with antioxidants and delicious flavour, berries are a perfect treat for your children this Spring!
For a yummy fruity snack, we have a healthy strawberry banana popsicle recipe that you can easily make with your children, with only 3 ingredients!
STRAWBERRY BANANA POPSICLES
Servings: 6 popsicles
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours + 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- Popsicle mold
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth (for about 2 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the blender to ensure all of the fruit is blended.
- When smooth, pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, insert them before freezing the mixture. If not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle. Continue to freeze for an another 6 hours or overnight – overnight is recommended for easy removal.
- To easily remove the popsicles from the mold, run under warm water. Eat on a sunny day and enjoy!
NOTE: Add a little bit of honey to the mixture before freezing, if you prefer your popsicles to be sweeter.