As a wholesome meal for your community clubs and events, a great idea is chicken parmigiana! The kids love it at Jenny’s Bendigo Hospital and we would love to share our recipe with our parents!
8kg Diced chicken
1kg Diced onion
2kg Diced carrots
1kg Broccoli florets
1kg Cauliflour florets
500gm Green beans
2 x 805gm Tins of crushed tomatos
2kg Diced bacon
2kg Mozzeralla cheese
1 pkt Glutenfree cornflour
Garlic / Basil / Olive oil to taste
- Rub olive oil, garlic and basil through the diced chicken.
- Place in a oven tray, cover with aluminium foil and bake at 170°C for 45min to 1 hr. Check temperature of tray is over 90°C to insure chicken is cook throughly. In a large saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil & garlic add diced carrots, onions and cook for 5mins.
- Open crushed tomatoes and add to saucepan. Bring to the simmer and add remaining vegetables. Continue simmering until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add cornflour mixed with a little water and thicken to a soup consistency. Stir in cooked chicken and platter into serving dishes.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese, topped with diced bacon & cook at 160° C for 15 to 20 mins.