Our chef Dean has been asked by Smiles 4 Miles to provide some recipes for a cookbook they are producing so I thought I’d give you a sneak peak of one of our favourites – Broccoli and Sweet Potato Pancakes.
These pancakes are Vegetarian, Gluten Free, and suitable to freeze.
500gm broccoli florets
1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
1 brown onion (finely diced)
½ bunch fresh thyme (finely chopped)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Steam broccoli and sweet potato together until well cooked
- While hot transfer into a mixing bowl and using a potato masher, mash together
- Add onion, pepper, parmesan cheese and thyme and stir together
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and divide mixture into pancake size and shallow fry
- For 5 minutes turn and continue until cooked
- Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt